All in the name of research..

Okay, so recently I've been quite interested in nails. I have the wors habit of biting them really short so I've been trying really hard to let them grow. So, naturally, I was over the moon when I recieved my November Glossybox as it contianed Nail Rock Wraps. I was even more excited when I found out I happened to get the leopard print wraps! So I tried them out..
The application for a first timer is quite daunting but after the 4th application the air bubbles and unintented folds started to subside.
Here's a photo of the final result.

Pretty cool, right?
At first, yes. A week later, not so much.
After living a normal week (doing dishes, waitressing, typing etc) the ends on the nails started to go all raggy and I had to re-apply a couple (they give you 16 wraps. Why not 20?). A couple started to split up the middle and lift at the ends. So all in all, I think that they're a good idea but.. get a profesional to do it.

My second stint of 'research' comes in the form of my first ever set of acrylics.
Being a total rookie I had absolutely no idea what to ask for. It also didn't help that the nail technician was Chinese. So anyway, I decided on 'natural acrylic tips'. I don't quite understand how the words 'natural' and 'acrylic' can exist in the same sentence. The method they applied the nails was awesome. Apart from the bit when they cut off all my real nails. The final result was incredible. I decided on an OPI polish with silver and red glitter flecks through it (I'm not sure of the name. Why didn't I check!?).
I love them and I can now say I am truely converted. I will definately be going back in 2 weeks for some Christmas nails and at only £25 who can say no?